Destination Wedding Planning Tips!
You are now newly engaged and want to plan a destination wedding, here are some of my top 10 tips
1. Hire a wedding planner, who is familiar with destination weddings
2. Develop a guest list and budget for your guests to spend on the travel
3. Weather: research the weather patterns for the areas you are considering
4. Ease of Access: make sure the resort or venue is easy to guests to travel to
5. Travel warnings and advisories: check out the State Department website for such warningshttps://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html
6. Restrictions: ask about sound restrictions and end times for all events
7. Hire local talent for florals and music
8. Hire photographer from your own country, pictures are worth a 1000 words they are all the memories you have and great ones, make a world of difference
9. Rain Plan: know all the back up plans for each event, have a plan A, B and C
10. Never, ever pack your gown or the grooms tux, always carry it on board. Airlines are notorious for losing items that we need the most.
Relax and enjoy the experience ....its a once in a lifetime journey and you must take everything with a grain of salt or sand ....